Kolkata: A fire, which broke out on Thursday afternoon at a building in Sector V, was controlled in no time as the fire safety and security management system worked fine.As the smoke detectors and sprinklers started working on its own the fire was almost controlled when the fire brigade arrived. On Thursday around 12:30 pm when employees of several offices were busy working, fire broke out on the third floor of the building. As soon as the fire broke out, the fire alarms installed went off. Hearing the alarm, employees on the other floors got alerted. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe sprinklers on third floor started spraying water. The security personnel of the building immediately informed the fire brigade and asked the employees of the building to evacuate using the stairs. Soon, two fire tenders arrived and doused the fire within an hour. According to fire officials, the built in fire fighting mechanism had cut off the power supply, which is found to be very useful as it prevented the fire from spreading. But due to the glass panes of the building, fire fighters faced problem while dousing the fire. Later the glass panes had be broken to let out the smoke. Also Read – Bengal civic volunteer dies in road mishap on national highwayIt may be recalled that Nabadiganta Industrial Township Authority ( NDITA) had recently held a meeting with the representatives of various offices to discus about the fire fighting measures that need to be installed in Sector V, the IT hub of Bengal. NDITA authorities told the officials that mezzanine floors will not be allowed anymore. Also, fire drill will have to be carried out by the offices at regular intervals. In the vast areas of New Town, New Town Kolkata Development Authority (NKDA) had carried out fire audit in offices and shopping malls. As thousands of people visit the offices and shopping malls in New Town, installation of fool proof fire fighting measures is mandatory. While the fire audit was being carried out, it was found that fire-fighting gadgets in some offices were not adequate and fire drills are not be conducted in most of them. Also, the sprinklers did not work in most of the offices.