Support for Canada’s proposal for Kazemi autopsy

first_img After Hengameh Shahidi’s pardon, RSF asks Supreme Leader to free all imprisoned journalists Call for Iranian New Year pardons for Iran’s 21 imprisoned journalists News June 9, 2021 Find out more RSF_en Follow the news on Iran IranMiddle East – North Africa IranMiddle East – North Africa February 25, 2021 Find out more Organisation Receive email alerts News Reporters Without Borders today said it supports Canada’s proposal to the Iranian authorities that three forensic experts – a Canadian, an Iranian and one chosen jointly by both parties – should carry out an autopsy on the body of Zahra Kazemi, a journalist with both Canadian and Iranian nationality, to determine how she died while detained in Iran in July 2003. Help by sharing this information Reporters Without Borders today said it supports Canada’s proposal to the Iranian authorities that three forensic experts – a Canadian, an Iranian and one chosen jointly by both parties – should carry out an autopsy on the body of Zahra Kazemi, a journalist with both Canadian and Iranian nationality, to determine how she died while detained in Iran in July 2003.”We also reiterate our support for the demand by Zahra Kazemi’s son, Stephan Hachemi, and the Canadian government for her body to be repatriated to Canada,” the press freedom organization said. “We find it unacceptable that Iranian foreign minister Kamal Kharazi continues to ignore the Canadian foreign ministry’s appeals.”Reporters Without Borders added: “It is clear to us that Iran wishes to ensure that those responsible for Zahra Kazemi’s death continue to remain unpunished and we call on the international community, especially the European Union, to support the Canadians’ legitimate requests.”The utmost secrecy surrounds the circumstances of Kazemi’s death and the investigation appears to have come to a complete halt. Many questions have been posed by a group of lawyers representing the victim’s family but they remain unanswered. Why has the identity of all of Kazemi’s interrogators not been revealed? Who falsified the interrogation reports? Why do the Iranian courts continue to reject statements by several witnesses present during the interrogation sessions who say a senior prison official hit Kazemi on the head? Why do the authorities refuse to let independent experts examine her body?Only an autopsy would enable all the interested parties to confirm or dismiss a recent claim by Dr. Shahram Aazam, a physician who is now refugee in Canada, that Kazemi was raped and tortured in prison. Aazam says he knows this because he was the first person to examine Kazemi when she was brought unconscious to a Tehran hospital four days after her arrest.Aged 54 and normally resident in Canada, Kazemi was arrested on 23 June 2003 as she was photographing the relatives of detainees outside Evin prison in the north to Tehran. Beaten while in custody, she died of her injuries on 10 July 2003. The Iranian authorities tried to cover up what happened and a report issued on 20 July 2003 failed to explain how the blow that caused her death was inflicted.Against the wishes of her son, who has French and Canadian nationality and lives in Canada, Kazemi’s body was hastily buried on 22 July 2003 in Shiraz, in southern Iran. Her mother publicly acknowledged that pressure was put on her to authorize the burial. Since then, Canada’s requests for the body to be exhumed and repatriated to Canada have been ignored. News March 18, 2021 Find out more April 9, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Support for Canada’s proposal for Kazemi autopsy Iran: Press freedom violations recounted in real time January 2020 News to go furtherlast_img read more

South Donegal Deputy calling for appointment of Chief Vaccination Officer

first_img Facebook South Donegal Deputy calling for appointment of Chief Vaccination Officer Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme DL Debate – 24/05/21 Twitter Google+ Pinterest Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows By News Highland – February 1, 2021 WhatsApp Google+center_img Pinterest WhatsApp Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR A South Donegal Deputy is calling for the appointment of a Chief Vaccination Officer to be the voice and face of the Covid-19 vaccine rollout.Deputy Marian Harkin believes a national plan needs to be put in place to facilitate the macro picture and micro management of the vaccination programme.She believes the Health Minister has plenty of other issues to be focusing on:Audio Playerhttps://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/harkinmonweb.mp300:0000:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume. News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th AudioHomepage BannerNews Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Previous articleGardai at scene of fire in BallindraitNext articleSSE Airtricity League Premier Division fixtures to be released at 5pm News Highland Facebooklast_img read more

allAgents to make ‘significant’ announcement about Purplebricks next week

first_imgHome » News » Marketing » allAgents to make ‘significant’ announcement about Purplebricks next week previous nextMarketingallAgents to make ‘significant’ announcement about Purplebricks next weekAgent review website confirms talks with the online agent have broken down because “their business ethics are not in line with our own” says allAgents director.Nigel Lewis8th December 201701,837 Views Estate agent reviews website allAgents.com has said it is to make a ‘major announcement’ next week about its battle with Purplebricks and has confirmed that talks with the online agent have broken down.Martin McKenzie (pictured, below), Director of Business Development at Glasgow-based allAgents.co.uk, says the talks fell apart because “our negotiations with Purplebricks broke down as we feel their business ethics are not in line with our own”.“However, there’s been a lot going on behind the scenes and we plan to make a major announcement early next week. We will not be bullied into submission by them, or anyone else.”The row between the two sides kicked off in September when allAgents.co.uk refused to take down reviews that Purplebricks considered to be ‘fake’ or ‘could not be justified’, according to Purplebricks founder Michael Bruce (pictured, right).But allAgents.com refused to back down despite repeated threats from the online agent if the reviews were not removed and, after replacing the Purplebricks account page on its site with a message decrying the company’s actions, began a crowdfunding campaign to raise £50,000 legal fighting fund. It reached £45,380 before its closing date.Peace talksallAgents said at the time that it would reinstate Purplebricks account on its site once the full sum had been raised. But despite peace talks between the two sides, it is clear that allAgents has had enough and is now considering its options.Late last week Purplebricks signed a deal with rival review site Feefo, although it has form with review sites. It also lists with TrustPilot, where it has received over 32,000 reviews so far, but earlier this year was also criticised for its similarly aggressive attempts to get unflattering reviews of its service taken off the site.Read more stories about Purplebricks.Purplebricks Martin McKenzie Michael Bruce Purplebricks agent review sites AllAgents December 8, 2017Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021last_img read more