Several men charged with assaulting, threatening females

first_imgWales Magistrate’s CourtThe Wales Magistrate’s Court on Thursday saw multiple cases involving allegations of male-on-female assault appearing before Magistrate Rushell Liverpool.Forty-six-year-old Vickram Naipaul of Parfaite Harmonie, West Bank Demerara (WBD) was charged with the alleged unlawful assault and for threating his wife (name provided) on February 28, 2018 at their home.The construction worker who has two children from a previous marriage, pled not guilty when the allegations were put to him but admitted that he was once placed on a bond for using abusive language. He was released on bail but was ordered to stay away from his spouse for the duration of the court matter.Additionally, Joshua Simmons, 20, of Inner Stanleytown, WBD, was charged for allegedly assaulting his girlfriend who displayed a timid countenance during her court appearance. This matter was said to have occurred at Stanleytown but the case was held in camera.In another case, Alford Primus, 28, a mason from Thomas Street, Kitty, Georgetown, was released on $20,000 bail after he denied assaulting causing actual bodily harm to Melissa Wong at Parfaite Harmonie on January 12, 2018. He will return to court on May 10 for report and fixtures.Meanwhile, 42-year-old Clifton Cully was also arraigned on a charge of assault causing actual bodily harm to Alicia Rodgers at Sisters Village, WBD on February 24, 2018. He denied the charge and the former Wales Estate sugar employee who now works part-time as a mechanic was released on $20,000 bail. He will return to court on May 10.However, Rodgers was counter-charged for unlawfully wounding Cully at Sisters Village. The unemployed 27-year-old will also return to court on May 10. Meantime, Roydon Farrier, who was embroiled in the same dispute, admitted that he assaulted Rodgers on the day in question.In addition, a Parfaite Harmonie father of two was also accused of assaulting and threatening his wife of 13 years on March 4, 2018, at their home. He was released on $35,000 bail and was ordered to stay 20 feet away from the woman throughout the duration of the matter. He noted that he will stay with his mother in Ruimveldt, Georgetown.last_img read more