0Shares0000Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva © AFP/File / Oli SCARFFLONDON, United Kingdom, Oct 2 – Manchester City’s Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct by the Football Association over a controversial social media post comparing teammate Benjamin Mendy with a black cartoon character.The Portuguese midfielder last month tweeted an image of a young Mendy alongside an image of the character representing the Spanish chocolate peanut brand Conguitos. He deleted the post but has now been charged.A statement from the football governing body on Wednesday said “Bernardo Silva has been charged with misconduct” in relation to a social media post on September 22.The FA statement said it was alleged that the 25-year-old was responsible for an “aggravated breach” of FA rules because the tweet included a reference “whether expressed or implied, to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin.”Silva, who could face a ban, has until October 9 to respond.On the same day as the tweet that has now resulted in an FA charge, Silva posted: “Can’t even joke with a friend these days… You guys…”Silva last week sent a letter to the Football Association to apologise for any offence caused by the tweet and Mendy has written in support of his friend, saying he had not taken offence at the tweet.City manager Pep Guardiola has also defended Silva and another of his team-mates, England forward Raheem Sterling, also spoke out in his defence.Mendy and Silva have been teammates since 2016, having spent a year together at Monaco before they both moved to City the following year.An Instagram video posted by Silva in 2018 has also attracted criticism for alleged racist undertones. In the video, being studied by the FA, Silva asks Mendy, who is dressed in black, why he is not wearing any clothes.0Shares0000(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)
Centre midfield: Joao Mario – The Portuguese boss has clearly been taking a look at his homeland in search of some fresh blood for his Red Devils side. Andre Gomes is being linked with a move from Valencia, while Mario is also, reportedly, on his wishlist. The Sporting Lisbon star has had an excellent campaign and decent sized bid should be enough to see them part with the player. 11 Left back: Luke Shaw – Before a broken leg cruelly curtailed his season, Shaw was showing the kind of form that validated Uniteds decision to spend £30m on him when he was an 18-year-old. Hell be back to fitness and raring to go next season. 11 Centre back: Chris Smalling – The England international made good progress in the 2015/16 season and will want to carry it on under Mourinho. Hes developing into a top centre back and could become world class with the right guidance. 11 Goalkeeper: David De Gea – Click the right arrow above to see the rest of Jose Mourinho’s possible Man United XI for next season… – With goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek leaving along with Louis van Gaal, the Spaniard may be convinced to remain at Old Trafford for one more season. There have been reports he was unhappy under Hoeks supervision but a new guiding hand coming in could help improve him further. Centre midfield: Morgan Schneiderlin – A mixed first campaign at Old Trafford has come to an end but is likely to be utilised more with Michael Carrick on his way out of the club on a free transfer. Mourinhos use of players like Nemanja Matic should ease any concerns Frenchman Schneiderlin has about his future. 11 Attacking midfield: Wayne Rooney – When he was at Chelsea Mourinho wanted to manage Rooney, so he will likely want to give it a go for at least one year at Old Trafford. What his plans are for the 30-year-old captain are unknown as debates continue about his best position. 11 11 11 Manchester United are set to name Jose Mourinho as their new manager following the sacking of Louis van Gaal.The Dutchman’s dire brand of football failed to set pulses racing at Old Trafford and his old school methods reportedly upset players at the club, despite helping them to lift the FA Cup on Saturday.So now the ex-Chelsea boss will be brought in to sort the mess left behind, with newspapers reporting he will receive the funds needed to overhaul the squad.But what could Mourinho’s Manchester United look like with some summer signings? Click the right arrow above to find out… 11 11 Right wing: Jesse Lingard – After scoring the winning goal in the FA Cup final, his stock is high at Old Trafford. The fans love a player who has come through the ranks, while his pace and skills make him an asset. Mourinho should give him another shot in the first-team, even if the club are ready to fund a flurry of transfers. 11 Centre back: John Stones – Given Chelseas keenness to land the Everton defender last summer, its no surprise Manchester United are now being linked with Stones. Mourinho will have to iron out some issues in his game, but could develop well alongside his England team-mate Smalling under Mourinho. Left wing: Anthony Martial – The French star has, so far, justified his huge £36m transfer fee, which could rise to £57.6m, if he continues his success. Hell no doubt form an important part of the Red Devils front line next season. 11 Right back: Matteo Darmian – Currently battling Antonio Valencia for the role, Italy international Darmian could well use Euro 2016 as a platform to rebuild his reputation and earn himself a spot in Jose Mourinhos starting XI. Striker: Zlatan Ibrahimovic – Reports are suggesting the Swedish superstar will be Mourinhos no.2, but there is also a real chance hell give Premier League football one shot before retiring. Hed be a great marketing asset and on last years form at PSG hes still got loads to offer Manchester United.